You can’t buy happiness with money, but it is a must needed thing in life. you may still unsure about what business idea or path to choose to make money.
Maybe the first thought that may have crossed your mind while thinking of starting your own business is “What should you sell?” or, “Which market has the most money?”
If you think about high tech businesses some names like Google or Facebook probably come to your mind. But when you’re just starting out, you don’t have to think that big.
Lots of tech giants that are successful today started out relatively small.
In this article, I have come up with profitable startup business ideas to try on and worth taking the risk.
- Online Courses
- Graphic Designer Business
- Some Business Ideas for Graphic Designers
- Travel Business
- Some Business Ideas for People Who Love to Travel
- Food Business
- Some Food Business Ideas
- 6.Social Media Business
- Some Ways to Make Money with Social Media
- Personal Service Businesses
- Some Service Business Ideas
Around 1,000 websites are created every minute. Maybe you imagine this is a huge number, the truth of the matter is that many of those do not offer the kind of value that readers like and want to be associated with.
Today, the blogs give readers the kind of evergreen content that they keep coming back to. This opens opportunities for people who have a flair for words. Starting a blog and monetizing it is one method to make a living online. The earning potential here is great.
Here are some examples of the highest-earning blogs online:
To know more about some blogs with high earning: Meet The Millionaire Bloggers
If you want to succeed, you will need to do some things:
- Creating an attractive website and make it easy to navigate for people
- Generate current, evergreen and relevant content
- Choose a niche that gets a lot of traffic
- Drive traffic to your website by using the right keywords
- Monetizing the blog through methods such as Google Ads
- Plan to engage and grow your audience.
Your blog to become profitable needs some years, but with high-quality content and consistency, it will be profitable.
To get started, find a cheap hosting plan. If you’re looking for reliability at a justifiable price, Bluehost offers great plans.
To start your own blogging business, you can find 50 different ideas here.
2. Online Courses
Students by using e-learning can learn and complete assignments and assessments remotely and in their own time.
The global market for online education reached around $255 billion, and there is no sign of slowing down. Lots of people are purchasing online courses, inside and outside of the traditional education system.
These platforms are types of learning management systems that give users access to digital classes. Some platforms like Teachable, Kajabi, and Thinkific all feature a robust feature set for course creators.
Their course software contains easy content uploads, a dedicated fully-responsive website experience, the ability to edit the look and feel of the class, course completion certificates, marketing features and more.
You as a course creator can choose a platform to use, so next charge their students a set fee to access their courses.
The best platforms give you the freedom to spend more time teaching and selling, not getting stuck, or dealing with issues.
Here are the best online course platforms in my opinion.
3. Graphic Designer Business
You can design logos, brochures, letterheads, product packaging, and mail-order catalogs and anything that needs a specific graphic ambiance for the business client when the great software available today.
Graphic designers can work on as a freelancer, advertising agencies, public relations firms, and publishers. They often provide visual solutions to particular problems like the identity crises of a company.
The advantages to this business are that you can work part-time or full time and you can do it at home. Therefore, the hours are flexible.
Your clients will be other businesses like publishing companies, ad agencies, small magazines, product manufacturers and others.
Therefore, you can find these firms by placing attract ads in trade publications like those read by ad agencies, the giftware industry, and mail order companies.
You’ll need a high-end computer, maybe as you know most graphic designers use Macs, a high-quality color printer and scanner, a fax machine and the software.
Some Business Ideas for Graphic Designers
- Children’s Comic Book
Another idea that you can do as a graphic designer is to develop children’s comic books. All you need to do is to search on the kind of cartoon characters that kids in your state or community like and next develop a similar character in a comic.
- Cartoons Program
Another way to making money as a graphic artist is to develop some cartoons that can be aired on TV stations or social media like YouTube.
- Graphic Training Programs
There are many people who are interested in learning graphic designing and when they know that you are also involved in training, they will enroll in your training school or your social media channel. Therefore, it is a great way of making cash
- Printing Press
A business idea you can do beyond operating a graphic studio is to set up your own standard printing press
- Sell Printing equipment and materials
You can open a shop where printing equipment and materials can be sold
- Sell of Greeting Cards
As a graphic designer, you can design and print greeting cards that are suitable for a different purpose and sell them online.
- Video Editing
If you don’t have the time or skills to go into full-time video production services, you can do video editing as part of the services you offer.
- Wrap Designer
They are technically stickers, but designing them needs serious skill. You can sell your patterns online. If you design a series of stencils for certain vehicles, therefore they could be used as templates for some other projects
- Become a Consultant
You can help other companies as a graphic designer for planning to design some materials for their products and services.
4. Travel Business
You can start a business about travel, if you are interested to travel, the planning process, and enjoys helping others have great experiences.
The digital devices and the Internet make working anywhere you can get online a way to start a business around your lifestyle, including travel.
Travel agencies make traveling easy for customers. Today, people are using online platforms to search for information about travel and buy tickets and packages.
The digital travel sales have increased. In the United States, they have increased to $180 billion, which was expected to around 213 billion by 2020.
Some Business Ideas for People Who Love to Travel
- Travel Blogger
Making cash as a travel blogger requires building a following who want to know about your adventures. Monetization of the blog can be through sponsors, affiliate programs ad feeds like Adsense or selling ad space.
You can take photos for a company like a publication or sell your photos online through online digital photography sites
- Travel Consultant
They work with individuals on a range of problems regarding travel. It could be preparing some people for travel, for instance, some adoptive parents who are traveling other countries or some businesses needing information on cultural problems in selling their products on other countries, or international travel for their employees.
- Tour Guide
In order to be a tour guide, you should live in or near a place people want to visit.
If you can speak a foreign language, you can offer your ability as a translator. In travel, lots of business executives need translators to help them negotiate deals.
- Bed and Breakfast
If you have only a single bedroom with a bathroom so you can offer a place to stay for travelers. Promote your B&B yourself, or use an online platform such as Airbnb to list your room(s).
5. Food Business
The industry of food is one that blends elements of art, personal passion, cultural expression and the provision of a necessity that everyone also enjoys.
Entering the food industry is your opportunity to create and sell food and drinks that people enjoy.
Some Food Business Ideas
- Baby Food Business
Babies need food that is specialized when they first begin eating. The food needs to be mushy yet nutritious, and it’s preferable if the food is conveniently packaged. This business makes this type of food.
They are a specialty of cultural cuisine throughout the world. Do you know a person who doesn’t love the smell of fresh-baked bread?
Commercial bakeries operate without a physical storefront and acting as suppliers for other businesses that wish to sell baked goods, but they don’t have the capacity to create them in-house.
- Berry Picking Farm
it can sell its berries to a distributor like a farmer’s market, or it can allow customers into the field to pick the berries themselves.
- Bottled Water Business
They deal with the bottling and distributing of drinking water to consumers. This business is good for individuals who are health conscious and want to run a business that promotes a healthy lifestyle.
- Cake Business
From weddings to birthday parties and other special occasions, cakes are an integral part of many celebrations. You can sell them online for example in some online platforms like Instagram.
People who are passionate about becoming chocolatiers and confectioners enjoy sharing their creations with others would be an ideal fit for this business venture. The candy industry generating $20 billion annually.
- Coffee Shop
Most people drink coffee on a daily basis. A coffee shop offers quickly get a cup of coffee and also a place to enjoy coffee.
- Fish Farm
They operate for the purpose of raising fish for residential and commercial sales. Many different types of fish can be raised in controlled environments. The entrepreneurs of Fish farm should have a background in farming and have familiarity with the basic biology of fish.
- Health Food Store
It offers a series of nutritional supplements, homeopathic products, vitamins/minerals, healthy snacks, and organic fruits and vegetables.
- Medicinal Herbs Business
This business may include the actual growing and selling of herbs used for medicinal use.
6.Social Media Business
We are spending too much time on Social Media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest sometimes.
Therefore, if you are professional on Social Media, hence most of the companies, especially startups have heavy social media presence and are they need some people to help build their brands online.
Social media is quite a profitable business if you know how to play it right. according to a report, on Instagram with just 1,000 followers, you could be making around £4,160 a year by posting twice a week.
How much money can you make from this type of business?
Depending on the number of followers you have, brands paying between £40 and £2,000 per Instagram post, hence there’s still enough opportunity to make some spare cash on the weekends.
People on Instagram with over 75,000 followers could be taking home over £100,000 a year.
Some Ways to Make Money with Social Media
- Manage Social Media
There are many companies seeking professionals to handle their social media presence.
- Monetize A YouTube Channel
Grace Helbig posts every week comedy videos and developed a large. She makes a notable sum just off ad revenue from her YouTube channel.
- Affiliate Marketer
Share affiliate links to specific products or services by using your Instagram account and Instagram Story and then earn a commission on each sale.
- Create Sponsored Posts
Make money by creating original sponsored content for brands on Instagram accounts with engaged followings.
7. Personal Service Businesses
You are part of a growing workforce demographics if you’re thinking about starting a service business.
Experts do not agree on the exact size of today’s gig economy, but some research suggests that the population of independent, service-based business owners made up as much as 34% of the total U.S. workforce in 2017.
It is a huge volume of individuals looking for new, independent methods of earning an income.
As you know, Nowadays, people across the world are busier than ever before so convenience has become an utmost priority. As a result, there is no lack of ways that individuals can start their businesses providing services for others.
Some Service Business Ideas
- Personal Services
- Personal Health & Wellness Services
- Fitness Trainer ($18 per hour)
- Private Yoga Instructor (from $7.25 per hour up to $69.25 per hour)
- In-Home Masseuse ($50 massage sessions)
- Acupuncturist ($36.19 per hour)
- Chiropractor (annual salary of $67,520)
- Nutrition Consultant ($53,250 per year)
- Personal Chef ($18.57 per hour)
- Personal Concierge Services
- Grocery Shopping and Delivery ($20 or more an hour)
- Errand Runner ($18 and $35 an hour)
- Dry-Cleaning Delivery and Pick-Up ($10 per hour)
- Seamstress or Tailor Services ($13.32 per hour)
- Window Washing ($40 to $70 an hour)
- Home Cleaning Service ($8 to $60 per hour)
- Beauty and Lifestyle
- Makeup Artist (annual salary $63,710)
- In-Home Hair Stylist ($29,000 per year)
- Personal Stylist ($20 an hour to $2,000 based on their skill and demand)
- Life Coach ($25,000 to $40,000 per year)
- Online Dating Consultant (annual salary of $32,000)
- Serving Parents, Babies & Small Children
- Doula & Birth Coaching Services ($1600-$2000 per birth)
- Birth Photographer ($16.19 per hour)
- Lactation Consultant ($29.53 per hour)
- On-Demand Babysitter ($10.22 per hour)
- Home Baby Proofing Consultant ($300 to $1,500)
- Nanny & Au Pair Placement Service ($350 per week)
- Private Music Teacher (around $50/hour)
- Children’s Party Planner (average cost of birthday parties is actually $500)
- Birthday Party Character Appearances (The average cost for a Costume Character is $150)
- Academic Consulting Services
- Private School Application Consultant (Hourly rates for educational consultants range between $50 and $150)
- Homeschool Teacher ($50,727 per year)
- Academic Tutoring ($85 per hour)
- Online English Tutor ($14.50 per hour)
- SAT Tutoring & Preparation (The average cost for SAT tutoring is $70 per hour)
- College Application Consultant ($85-$150 an hour)
- Cover Letter and Resume Writer (earn around $58,000 just for writing resumes)
- Elder Care Services
- Elder Companion & Care Provider ($27 per hour)
- Private Nursing Service (from $17.20 per resident per day)
- Animal Care Services
- Pet Sitting (Pet sitters charge $20-$40 a day on average)
- Dog Walking (approximately $97,000 per year)
- Mobile Veterinary Services (The average daily cost to run the mobile clinic is $300)
- Mobile Pet Grooming ($75,000 and $100,000 per year)
- Home Maintenance & Repair Services
- Handyman Service (about $36,000 a year)
- Pool Servicing and Maintenance (professional pool cleaners earn $50 to $60 per hour)
- Lawn Care ($5,000 to $50,000 in their first year)
- Locksmith Services ($17 per hour)
- Home-Inspection Services (over $70,000 a year)
- Interior Painting Service ($29.28 per hour)
- Power Washing Service ($220 to $380 dollars for a house siding)
- Air Conditioning Installation and Maintenance (average income for HVAC owners is between $35,000 and $75,000)
- Plumbing Service (the one-person company making $45 per hour)
- Automobile Maintenance & Repair
- Mobile Car-Wash and Detailing (averaging $10.82 per hour)
- Mobile Car Mechanic (most experienced workers make up to $97,500 per year)
- Windshield Repair Service ($30,000/year)
- Personal Health & Wellness Services
There are lots of opportunities to earn money if you look around. if you decide to start a small business, please tell us in the comments.