“You Can’t sell anything if you cant’s tell anything ” – Beth Comstock.
Marketing is about reaching consumers to invoke a change in their behavior and giving them a call to action. The only way to truly make that shift in perception is to be where people are engaging and spending time. If you want a perfect opportunity to market your brand and reach new people, but in short of Instagram marketing knowledge, you must read this article and jump on the bandwagon.
Statistics that you can find out why marketing Instagram is important
- By 2019, Instagram ad revenue could reach over $10bn.
- 96% of US fashion brands are on Instagram.
- 32% of US teens list Instagram as their most important social network, more than any other social network.
- Users on Instagram uploaded about 60 million photos every day.
- 6 billion likes happen per day on Instagram.
- About 50 Million users have signed up to Instagram in the last months.
- 57% of Instagram users have access to this site every day.
- The amount of subscriptions on Instagram is 15 times more than Facebook and 20 times more than Twitter.
- About 86% of top brands have Instagram accounts.
- At least one photo or video is shared in Instagram by 73% of brands in a week.
- On Instagram brands with over 100K followers have grown by 163% within two last years.
- Brain processes visual data 60k times faster than text.
- People will respond better to visual information than plain text.
- Most of your audience are visual learners.
- Users on Facebook share and like photos and videos rather than text and links.
- Most followed brands on Instagram 2018 are :
- CHANEL (29.9 million followers)
- LOUIS VUITTON (26.8 million followers)
- GUCCI (27.9 million followers)
It’s hard to believe that 8 years ago Instagram started to work. We can use it for free on iOS and Android devices and also from a computer by using the web. Users can upload and share videos and photos with their followers. Users can view, comment and like posts shared by others. Just like Facebook or Twitter, by creating an account on Instagram, a user has a profile and a news feed.
Instagram is also a powerful tool that allows you to market your business to customers. Because it is an effective way to connect to new customers, there are over 800 million Instagrammers now of whom more than 500 million use Instagram every day.
Why use Instagram for business?
Its proven that social media can influence purchase decisions. And if you can find the right mix of content, you can encourage your audience to buy from you – without any trouble. It’s great marketing. So take a look at the following points to find out why Instagram is used for business:
1. You can access many people through Instagram marketing
Access to 800 million users may be a dream. But most of you think about this number and you know that 800 million users mean more competition. Instagram has great potential for marketers. But Instagram’s potential is greater in user behavior than in numbers.
2. Visual content is essential for your marketing strategy
Photos are more engaging on the web, with visual posts that are 650% more engaging than text. Because of this, the platform has huge opportunities for e-commerce businesses striving for their products’ sale. This is useful to you as well, because most people remember more of what they see than what they read or hear. You can update your followers on Instagram for sales and special promotions to use. The Instagram story is designed as a feature to boost audience engagement. You can show discount and sell a flash by using Instagram Stories.
3. It’s a great opportunity to connect with your community
Indeed, Instagram has the highest average engagement rate among all social channels, beating Facebook and Twitter. In fact, it even has a higher brand engagement rate that you can see in below infographic picture which It shows the audience on Instagram. It opens up to branded content than on other platforms.
4. It’s one of the helpful feedback and insight!
As a smart marketer, you’re already probably monitoring conversations about brands and your products on social media. In Instagram people publish images of products they buy from you, recording videos, and commenting on each other’s content about your brand. You cannot ignore this feedback.
What marketers are saying about Instagram
What are marketers actually saying about the platform? Here’s what marketers from brand like Birch box, and Ben & Jerry’s say about the platform:
- Mike Hayes, Digital Marketing Manager of Ben & Jerry’s: “Since its launch, Instagram has provided us with an amazing platform to connect with our fans and tell our story visually.”
- Jessica Lauria, Director of Brand Communications Chobani: “Instagram is a great platform for Chobani. It allows us to show how people actually use our product and inspires new ways to savor.”
- Rachel Jo Silver, Director, Social Marketing & Content Strategy, Birchbox: “Instagram has been an incredibly effective engagement-driver among our current customers.”
What is business account in Instagram ?
Business profiles are a free feature for accounts wanting to be recognized as a business on Instagram. You’ll get access to analytics, audiences, ads, calls to action on profile, and some other more obscure uses in business profile. You can easily look through all your posts and see what types of content people tend to engage with. Once you know this, you can double down on this type of content. You can see the most popular times and days for your audience to use Instagram. Posting engaging content during these times and days will increase your chance of garnering even more engagement.
Instagram personal vs business account
A professional Instagram account needs to be focused on YOUR CUSTOMER. Notice I didn’t say your business. It’s not about you. It’s about customer. A business account is all about serving your follower. It’s about sharing information with them and showing them why they need your awesome skills and products. You want to entertain your follower with pretty pictures and inspire them with words of wisdom. You don’t want to bore them with vacation photos. As you know Instagram gives you more functions when you switch to a Business Account.
Should You Switch to an Instagram Business Profile? Find out with this flowchart:
Let’s Start to market your brand on Instagram by creating your Business account
- Download Instagram Application
- Apple store
- Google Play
- Windows app store
- Instagram website
2. Create a non-business Instagram account
- Sign up with your email address or phone number, and then enter a username.
- Sign up with Facebook account
- Instagram will create your account based on information from your personal Facebook.
3. Find accounts to follow (or skip this step)
4. Upload a profile picture for your account
5. Complete your profile
6. Switch to an Instagram business account profile
- Tap the setting icon at the top corner of main page. Then, find the “Switch to Business Profile” option in the “Settings” list menu.
- Select “Try Instagram Business Tools” from profile page.
7. Link your business Facebook page
8. Complete your Instagram business profile